Medications should be given at home whenever possible. However, if medication must be administered during school, including both prescription and over the counter, the following must be followed.
1. All medication must be brought to the Health Office.
2. The medication must be in its original, labeled container and brought to school by a parent/guardian
3. The districts medication authorization form must be completed by both the parents and signed by your doctor and accompany all medication brought to school. This applies to all medications, including over the counter medications ex. Advil, Tylenol, Midol etc...
4. Students are NOT allowed to self medicate at school with the exceptions of emergency medicines, inhalers and epi-pen, and then only with the written authorization for self administrations provided by the students parents and doctor.
5. Herbal remedies and nutritional supplements are not consider medications and cannot be given in school.
6. Our authorization for medicine at school form can be accessed on my web site under forms.
7. Please notify the health office when there is a change in your child’s health status which requires medication being added, deleted or changed to your child’s treatment plan. Such changes are important for the school nurse to be aware of for the assessment and care of your child should they become ill at school or display any side effects of their medications