Welcome to Linden Avenue'sProfessional Development Committee
· What is a Professional Learning Community?
1. Focuses on Student Learning
2. Collaboration is Key
3. Effectiveness is based upon Results
· Attributes of a Professional learning Community
1. Shared Leadership between teachers and administration. Purpose – we all grow professionally together.
2. Collective Creativity – we all learn to apply new ideas and information in problem solving to create new learning situations for our students.
3. Shared Values and Vision – Creating a particular mental image (“Picture the Graduate”) focused on student learning which considers the potential achievement of all of our students.
4. Shared Practice – The process of “peers helping peers”; feedback is encouraged and the focus is on improvement. Teachers visit each others’ classrooms to share practices.