We recently installed a Visitor Management System for visitors to use when entering Linden Avenue School, so I want to take a moment to remind parents and caregivers of the security procedures for entering the building. Please remember to bring a photo ID/driver’s license/government issued ID to school to gain access to the building. Here are some reminders:
- All visitors need to enter through the front entrance and use the security system to request entry. Once they have rung the bell, they will be asked to state their name and purpose of their visit. They will then be asked to place the coded side of their ID facing up on the Visitor Management Deviceto the right of the door. Once the system approves the visitor for entry, the visitor will be instructed to report directly to the Main Office to have a photo taken and a visitor pass printed. The photo will only be taken during the visitor's first visit to be stored in the system, but a government issued ID will be required every visit. Parents should not go the classrooms or the nurse’s office without a mutually agreed upon time scheduled by the staff.
- Dropping off personal items (lunches, library books, PE sneakers…) is strongly discouraged.
- K-2:Children should be dropped off at school no earlier than 8:20 AM unless Before Care is necessary. Students and parents/caregivers should wait outside on the playground on nice days and on inclement weather days, K-2 students should enter the side doorway nearest the basketball courts and proceed to the gym where supervision will be provided for them. K-2 parents should not enter the building unless there is a scheduled appointment.
- If you arrive for drop-off after the door closes at 8:40, follow the entry procedures above and bring your child to the main office; please do not walk him/her to the classroom.
- Visitors are not admitted or re-admitted into the school after dismissal, unless there is a scheduled appointment or program time. Parents/guardians entering the school for reasons related to After-care must ring the After-care bell (on the left of door) and wait to be greeted by After-care staff.
PLEASE DO NOT HOLD THE DOOR OPEN FOR ANY OTHER VISITORS AND CLOSE THE DOOR BEHIND YOU
Please know that the safety and security of your children are of the utmost importance to us and we anticipate your cooperation.