GLEN RIDGE BOARD OF EDUCATION
BOARD GOALS AND AGENDA ACTION ITEMS 2019-2020
- Oversee the completion of the renovation of the district’s five schools and orderly transition of students to Central School.
- Oversee the continued expansion and development of our security measures.
- Continue to support the superintendent’s efforts to recruit new staff members who reflect the diversity of our community.
- Continue to improve the positive information exchange between the Board and its constituents, using the Board’s website and other existing and developing media.
- Action Item: Improve communication with the public. Provide regular updates on district policies and initiatives, update website information in a timely manner, and explore initiatives for reaching members of the community not directly involved with the schools.
- Action Item: Have more effective, productive and informative Board of Education meetings. Strive to include more student presentations at each meeting.
- Oversee the development of an assessment process to review new curriculum initiatives.
- Action Item: Discuss with GRHS Guidance the methods used to keep students “on track” in each year of high school, especially for junior and senior years (this might include supports for academically weak students, assistance for the college bound, exposure to different career options for all students, etc.)
- Successful conclusion of negotiations with the GREA and the Administrators’ Association
School Safety/Security (includes Social Emotional Learning/Mental Health)
- Action Item: Explore/discuss ideas for reducing the stress levels and increasing the wellbeing of our students, including expanding resources and programs that promote those aims.
- Action Item: Explore/discuss professional development opportunities that will enable staff to best address student physical, social and emotional well-being.