WELCOME TO ART!If you ever have any questions or concerns, feel free to e-mail at email@example.com
Please use this site as an informative tool to help you achieve success as I will be posting all projects, assignments, links, etc. here. Have a marvelous year!
Grade values for all classes:
Art work - 300 points
*Reports/Presentation/Group projects - 200 points
*Homework/worksheets/critiques/sketches - 100 points
Studio Practice-100 points
*subject to value change
Visual Art Department Policies:All work will be assigned a due date and is expected to be turned in on time. Students will lose 3 points each day it is late.
All students whose work is handed in on time will be able to resubmit the work for an improved grade within 10 days from the date it was returned to the student. Any work not handed in on time will result in a 3 pt. deduction per day that it is late, including weekends, and will not be given the opportunity to resubmit for an improved grade. However, special circumstances such as illnesses or family emergencies will be taken under consideration.
A Free Pass for submitting work in late, up to 5 days without penalty, is being provided for you. It is up to you to take advantage of this. It should be used when you deem it to be necessary. Full year classes are entitled to 2 and half year courses may only use 1.Extra credit will periodically be assigned. It is up to the student to take advantage of the opportunity.
Mobile phones are not to be in use during class time
If a student who would like provide an appropriate playlist from their device they may use the class speaker port or there will be music played with teacher’s discretion.
- Students are expected to arrive on time. If late, a pass is to be presented.
- When you arrive to class please gather your work in progress as well as necessary materials and begin working unless instructed otherwise
- Work to the best of your ability. Do not sit idly and waste time-this as this will effect your time management and potentially impact your grade. Conversations are allowed as long as it does not effect your productivity.
- No side conversations during teacher and/or student presentations or instructions-this is very distracting. If you have questions, please raise your hand.
- Clean up when instructed to do so. This includes the following: work stored on appropriate shelves, materials properly put away, paint capped and put back, brushes thoroughly washed and placed bristle side up, tables wiped off and washed if necessary