What is the FAHSA?The Forest Avenue Home & School Association (FAHSA) is a non-profit organization run by parent volunteers that supports Forest Avenue School (FAS), students, and families.Our volunteers are critical links to the FAS faculty and broader Glen Ridge school district. We strive to enhance the FAS experience with an array of enrichment programs, fun family events, parent socials, and teacher support.
What has the FAHSA done lately?
We are especially proud of several major initiatives:
- New playground (summer 2018)
- New laptop cart and new Chromebooks for 1st and 2nd graders
- Enrichment assemblies and hands-on projects, including a STEAM fair, throughout the year
- Dozens of after-school Discovery classes, from performance arts to coding, including FREE keyboarding classes for 2nd graders
- Catered "Food Days" 3 days a week
- A renovated Faculty Room where our teachers can eat and prepare for class (summer 2019)
- Renovated classrooms, including brand new furniture
Did you know that FAHSA dollars fund the following?
- Welcome Back Pizza Party
- Neighbors in Need Thanksgiving Food Drive
- Enrichment Assemblies, Recess Programs, and the STEAM Fair
- Capital Renovations like the Faculty Room, Playground, Multipurpose Room & Classrooms
- Second Grade Promotion
- Teacher Appreciation Week
- Learning Garden
- Three Schools, One Book
- Visiting Author Day
- Chromebooks and Carts ... and so much more!