What is FAHSA?Run by parent volunteers, The Forest Avenue Home & School Association (FAHSA) is a non-profit organization that supports Forest Avenue School,families and staff.Our volunteers are critical links to the Forest Avenue faculty and broader Glen Ridge school community. We strive to enhance everyone’s experience at Forest Avenue School with an array of enrichment programs, classes, fun family events, parent get-togethers and teacher support.
What has FAHSA done lately?
We are especially proud of several major initiatives that will benefit you and your children now and in the years to come:
Be sure to join our FB page for more news and events from Forest Avenue School: http://www.facebook.com/groups/137025523070755/
- MPR Renovations (summer 2016)
- Air conditioning in 1st & 2nd grade classrooms
- New welcome sign for Forest Avenue
- New laptop cart and new chrome books for 1st and 2nd graders
- Bottle filling stations on all levels of the school
- Enrichment Assemblies throughout the year (topics include music, arts, healthy food, etc.)
- Dozens of Discovery classes after-school from karate to crafts to science, including FREE keyboarding classes for 2nd graders
- Food Days (prepared lunches), three days a week starting at the end of September
- New playground equipment designed for younger students